2015 has been an incredible year for Voices for Children of Broward County. As a special thank you for your commitment to us we have created a short video highlighting 2015. We have endless appreciation to each and everyone of you. Thank YOU for giving our children opportunities to Dream BIG!
Here is what we did together in 2015:
- 1st Annual Dream BIG luncheon presented by Royal Caribbean raised more $30,000. Click here to read more.
- We are so grateful to the many community partners we had this past year.
- In partnership with Leadership Broward Team Members, we hosted our 1st Dream BIG day. Over 70 kids had a fun and enriching day at the Museum of Discovery and Science. In addition, the team raised and put together 100 care packages of essential items for children first entering the system.
- Voices for Children of Broward County was honored to be Tap42’s first charity partner for their Tap42 Takes Over 5k. The event raised an incredible $4,703.10. Click here to read more.
- Charmed by Charity event hosted by Alex and Ani raised more than $300.
- Voices for Children of Broward County chosen as charity partner for the 2015 Broward New Times Pairings Event, which featured cuisine and expertly paired fines. The event raised more than $2,000. Click here to read more.
- During Back-to-School season, we had our annual Dream BIG Day: Back-to School-Extravaganza, sponsored by Akerman LLP. A fun-filled day at Kabooms and special appearance by the Miami Heat Mascot, Burnie. All kids received backpacks filled with all the first day essentials. In addition, we received over 800 sackpacks from the Office Depot Foundation.
- Launch of School Break Food Program, which is a unique program to Voices for Children of Broward County that provides healthy nutritious meals and programming to children when they are on a school break. So far we have provided 1,950 meals to children who may not have otherwise eaten during this time. Click here to read more.
- 4th Annual Soaring for Children Cocktail Reception raised more $70,000 and honored Donna and Jim Inglis as the 2015 Voice of Distinction for their many contributions that help pave the way for the future of Broward’s most vulnerable youth. Click here to read more. Click here to view photos.
- During the Holiday season, Voices for Children of Broward County was able to ensure that kids had Thanksgiving meals and Holiday toys.
- Voices for Children of Broward County was able to provide 125 feast full of memories for Thanksgiving.
- Dream BIG Day: Holiday Party, sponsored by Pernod Ricardo USA. 50 kids had a magical Holiday party and received presents from their wishlists.
- Through our Angel Wishes Tree and the support of our esteemed donors and community partners, over 1,110 toys were collected and distributed to 680 children.
As we get ready to embark on our 5th year anniversary, our promise to you is that we will continue to work each day, with a renewed energy and passion, to transform the blessing of your support into increased opportunities for our community’s most vulnerable youth.