Title: Development and Operations Coordinator
Voices for Children of Broward County (“Voices”) is part of a unique collaboration with the 17th Judicial Circuit Guardian ad Litem Program with the mission to ensure that every abused, neglected and abandoned child in Broward County has a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem and that financial resources are available for each child’s accompanying health, educational, and social needs. To accomplish this mission, Voices works with children who have an open and active dependency court case to meet each of their essential needs during this transitional period and to give them a voice throughout the entire court proceedings by working with the appointed volunteer Guardian ad Litem. Our programs provide these children with someone who makes them feel normal, safe, and cared about and removes barriers so these children can have a happy normal childhood.
Voices is seeking a detailed and process-oriented Development and Operations Coordinator to ensure the day-to- day operations are functioning smoothly and efficiently. The Development and Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting program and fundraising goals, helping to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a diverse base of donors, as well as working closely with the team to leverage outreach events and opportunities to meaningfully engage current and potential donors. The Development and Operations Coordinator is a part time position that reports directly to the Executive Director (ED).
- Operations and Program
- Respond to emails, phone and other inquiries promptly
- Help manage internal systems
- Assist with the implementation and development of new programs that enhance Voices’ mission
- Assist with monthly Board Meeting preparation, including agenda, notices and minutes and other materials needed. Attend Board Meetings as needed.
- Donor Management
- Ensure fundraising data integrity, and effective revenue and pipeline reporting by maintaining donor accounts in our database and confirming that all relevant information is accurately recorded and updated using donor management software.
- Maintain accurate donor files, including entering donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgements, and work with ED to enhance and support overall stewardship efforts
- Support grant reporting
- Assist with donor’s philanthropic interests and help support strategies that engage donors in Voices’ mission through their investment of time, advocacy, and financial support
- Communicate with current and prospective donors. Help nurture donor base.
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Work with ED to create e-blasts and newsletters
- Assist ED to manage website to assure it meets fundraising/donor needs and is relevant resource for information on VFC activities and accomplishments and that it adequately recognizes sponsors and certain donors
- Manage social media – create content and keep current. Work with Marketing Company and monitor posts and effectiveness.
- Assist with writing press releases and sending to appropriate media sources
- Assist with the preparation and execution of special events, including Soaring for Children and Dream BIG Luncheon
- Attend committee meetings and take meeting minutes, as well as assist in coordinating responsibilities of committee members and assist in follow-up with committee members
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced written and spoken (English) communication and administrative skills, with superior adeptness at composing and proofreading and excellent telephone manner
- Computer literacy including MS Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Quickbooks; experience with mail-merges and with donor databases.
- Exceptional time-management, planning, and administrative skills. This position will be expected to be able to perform all of the duties listed above, the actual duties performed during any given week will be limited to those needed to accomplish the current priorities set by the ED.
- High level of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with donors, volunteers, and community professionals.
- High degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility.
- Ability to be an enthusiastic team player.
- Passion for VFC’s mission, values and actions.
**This position requires some flexibility, as more hours are needed prior to events. Moreover, it may require a gradual increase of hours overall. Therefore, this is NOT intended to be a job supplemental to another full-time position.
Please send cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants that include cover letter and resume will be reviewed. If we find your qualifications match our job requirements, you will be contacted. Due to the number of applicants, we will contact those applicants who are considered a potential match. We are unable to accept or respond to email and/or telephone inquires.